NEDA Campus Warriors Online Community Guidelines
Our Campus Warriors Community Page is intended to be inspiring, health affirming, supportive and fun. Content that glorifies eating disorders is obviously not welcome under the #CampusWarriors or #NEDA hashtag. However, we understand that it can be tricky at times to determine whether it is appropriate to share something with the group when it comes to triggering content. In an effort to maintain a safe space - even for the most vulnerable in our community - we are dedicated to the following guidelines:
- No Triggering Images or Content: This includes images that are graphic in their depiction of an eating disorder, 'before and after' images, as well as images that glorify thinness.
- No Numbers: Posts should not include low weights, BMI's, measurements, calories - really any numbers at all that relate to measuring food or weight.
- Keep it Positive: We know that eating disorders are a terrible devastating illness, but we also know that recovery is possible, and we want this community to be a place of hope. Please, let us know if you are having a hard time. We hope this community will help pick you up or direct you to the resources you need.
- Reach Out: If you or someone you care about needs help, let us know; email us at [email protected]. We promise to get back to you within a week with an appropriate resource or answer to your question. Or call our helpline at 1-800-931-2237.
- Promotional Messages: Please remember that the NEDA Campus Warriors Community page is meant to be a safe space where users can find support and resources. If you are promoting your own (or a friend’s) blog, website, book or any other project, please only do so once and refrain responding in the comments section of posts with promotional links. As with everything else, please only share if the content is appropriate according to our guidelines.
Want to report triggering content? Please email [email protected] with a link and a description of the content you are flagging. Thanks!